Fuller rarely had a budget to work with, but darn it if he didn’t get his ideas across. I haven’t seen every Fuller, so I’m not going to name a lot.
The Steel Helmet
– Great antiwar film. Ever wonder where Spielberg got the name Short Round from? Here it is.
Pickup of South Street
– The commies are after Richard Widmark
, cuz he’s got their goods. Can a good ol’ American pickpocket triumph over the Red Menace?
– See Charly
kick ass and take names.
– I’m screaming in the rain! Just screaming in the rain…
The Naked Kiss
– I’ve never seen it mentioned, but I could swear that’s Fuller himself pulling the wig off of Constance Towers
in the opening scene.
The Big Red One
– Fuller’s last hurrah. Based on his experiences in WWII. In this one you learn Luke Skywalker
likes to play with his “pecker.”
Previous post: Larry Clark
Next post: Paul Schrader